Work with youth, organize activities devoted to European and intercultural education and develop new competences – join our European Solidarity Corps project “Schuman Solidarity Crew” from October 2020 until the end of June 2021 in European Integration Club in Wojkowice Poland.
Below you will find detailed description of the project along with application form.
European Integration Club in the Complex of School in Wojkowice
European Integration Club is an informal union of students and teachers interested in the EU and other cultures. The priority of the EIC’s activities is intercultural, European and civic education of youth. Within the EIC workshops, school exchanges, debates on European topics are organized.
The Complex of School in Wojkowice provide an offer of general highs school education with specializations in psychology, nature and firefighting, law and police force as well as professional education in the field of landscape architecture, aviation technician, geodesy. The students of the school come from Wojkowice as well as other close cities in the Silesian agglomeration.
The volunteers’ will support the club in its activities connected to European & intercultural education and organize non-formal language learning activities in English/their mother tongues for high-school students. More in detail, they will:
- organize individual English/mother tongue conversations with members of the European Club and high school students and help them improve their language skills and increase awareness about their countries, cultures and current EU topics which the conversations will be dedicated to,
- prepare presentations/workshops about Europe & EU, European values and cultural diversity, their countries, possibilities of mobilities in Europe and other topics of volunteers’ interests connected with the mission of the project. They are expected to create interactive and engaging activities, using non-formal methods of education (with the assistance of the tutor) and conduct the workshops for members of the European Integration Club, students of the complex of school as well as for other schools and European School Clubs in the Silesian region,
- promote international volunteering, for example during long breaks between lessons volunteers can organize activities in the hallway in school. They will have their own “volunteering corner”, where they can organize activities for students,
- work on Schuman Volunteer Press, an informative platform where volunteers collect media reviews and write their opinions on European topics (common activity for volunteers hosted at the Schuman Foundation and European Integration Club in Wojkowice) – the final form of this platform will be decided together by the volunteers with the assistance and guidance of the tutor,
- volunteers will have space to develop own projects/propose own activities connected with the mission of “Schuman Solidarity Crew” project,
- to integrate all Schuman volunteers, apart from activities in particular hosting organization, common activities for all Schuman Volunteers will be organized. All Schuman volunteers: will write blogs dedicated to their experience, will organize local activities, will take part in the preparations of the Schuman Parade & Schumanville, will take part in “internal on-arrival training, will participate in monthly meetings.
Please send applications to: email@example.com. In the title please write: APPLICATION WOJKOWICE 2020. We will contact the candidates with best applications and arrange skype/phone interviews.
The deadline for applications is 8th of July 2020!